Friday, March 4, 2011

Heat are in Big-Time Trouble

I hate the Miami Heat as much as the next guy.  There is no team I enjoy watching lose more than these guys.  Last night was Nirvana.  I watched almost the entire game on TNT last night and for 2 and a half quarters, the Heat looked unstoppable.  Wade and LeBron both had over 20 points in the first half and seemingly couldn't miss.  They came outta halftime firing on all cylinders too but I still had this feeling that the Magic were going to make a run.

I don't watch a whole lot of NBA basketball being in Minnesota and staying loyal to the the post-KG T-Wolves, but I know enough about the NBA to know two things about the Magic.  1) They're extremely streaky and 2) They like to jack up the three ball.  This didn't work out for them until about half way through the third quarter but something clicked and I found myself witnessing one of the greatest comebacks I've ever seen in basketball.  The Magic went on an 18-0 run at one point.  Usually teams fizzle out after a run like that but they kept playing defense and Miami kept jackin' up contested shots and before ya knew it, Orlando was winning.  I got so caught  up in flicking off the TV everytime they showed LeBron pouting that I hardly noticed it was still just a 3 point game and Miami had the ball with 9 seconds left.

So post-decision Miami has LeBron and Wade on the floor at one time.  Two guys that are built for crunch time because they have the ability to create their own shot.  I was thinking that odds are, one of those two guys is gonna hit a three.  They have to.  The ball gets inbounded to Chris Bosh and what does The Third Wheel do? He jacks up a three immediately! You have Lebron and D-Wade, dumbass! Give them the basketball!  But wait, there's still hope...Miami got the offensive board.  LeBron's got a wide open look from three.  He throws up yet another late game brick as the buzzer went off.  Doesn't get much better than that.  Just rubbin salt in the wound.  Miami had a glimmer of hope and watched that go straight out the window.  I loved it.

After the game, everyone wanted to blame Miami coach Eric Sproelstra, just like they have all season.  I'm sorry but it wasn't Sproelstra that casted a quick 3-ball after getting the in-bounds pass.  It wasn't Sproelstra that missed another clutch shot and failed to close out another game.  And it definitely wasn't Sproelstra that allowed the Magic back into the game after holding a second-half 24-point lead by deciding to quit contesting three's.  I don't know about you, but I think Miami has bigger problems.  They are an absolute mess right now...and I'm lovin' every freakin' second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment